Sunday, October 23, 2011

Ch. 7

Chapter 7 was a good way to conclude a very good book.  I enjoyed how the book began with Jeff's story as a new administrator that possessed the traits outlined in the book.  It was great to see his journey come to an end in such a remarkable way.  The testimonies from people that worked for him were heartfelt.  It was amazing to see the impact he had on so many people's lives and that they came from all stakeholders in the schools from teachers, to secretaries, to custodians.  Jeff clearly epitomizes the kind of administrator that I want to be.  This book, along with The Speed of Trust, was my favorite and really allowed me to reflect on myself as a person and administrator. 

6 comments:

  1. Pete,
    I too enjoyed this book and will refer back to it when I become an administrator some day. It was heartwarming to read Jeff's story and see that after all those years in education he was still respected and remembered by all those people. I will aim to be the best I can be and hopefully touch as many people in the process as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pete...I agree with you as to the two best books we read during this program. In regards to the last chapter it was a great way to tie it all together. I can only hope that I have the opportunity to reflect on a career as successful at Jeff's ;) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that this was a great book. I appreciated that there were many opportunities that I was able to put into place. It was nice to read how much of an impact that Jeff had on so many lives and how their lives had impacted Jeff's life. Great Post Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also enjoyed reading the last chapter of this book. It was very inspiring and I agree one of the best I read in this program.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you liked the book, Pete. I believe we have to seek ways to "message" our work. Most textbooks don't do that and that's why I seek different types of books. How will you message the work when you are the principal?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you Pete! Chapter 7 was a great ending to a very beneficial book for us! My favorite part was when the music teacher wrote the song for him and then presented him with the number of roses that matched his years of service. Very personable and sincere!

    ReplyDelete