Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Interview

I really enjoyed my interview with Juan Garza of Kings Canyon Unified School District.  I was actually hired by Sanger Unified his first year as Superintendent in Reedley and didn't want to release me from my contract.  Interesting how life brings people back on your path.  He asked some really good questions that made me think.  Being a second year administrator, I felt like the kid on Slumdog Millionairre because I have had experience with them.  My favorite part is when I got to ask him questions about leadership, what he looks for in an administrator, and what kind of support he provides new administrators.  I was really impressed with the way he runs his district.  This was another great experience provided to us by our professors.  I've been through a few of these interviews and I suggest everyone apply for every administrative position to get the experience of the interviews.  My first admin interview was for a district level job and people thought I was crazy.  I didn't get the job but I went through a grueling interview that helped me for others.  Good luck to all!  Thank you to our professors.  I'll see you when I see you. 

3 comments:

  1. Pete I too interviewed with Mr. Juan Garza and enjoyed the experience. I felt he was truly coaching me. It was so great to work with you and the entire Sanger cohort this past semester. Dont forget us south valley gals from Visalia. Best of luck in all that you do.

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS Pete! Keep up the great work at Sanger High School! So glad I got to meet you. Please continue to watch out for my daddy out there. Yay for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pete, you are a great leader and student. It's been a great journey (with you at the thermostat control)!

    ReplyDelete